Lammas Sabbat is a great time for Wiccans to celebrate the first harvest, especially by baking breads and performing rituals. If you need inspiration and ideas on what to do on Lammas, have a look at the list below:
- If you happen to have a spring or a well nearby, bless it and decorate it with flowers.
- Collect the first harvest in your garden, or buy fruits and vegetables at the market and dedicate it to the Gods.
- Take a holy walk outdoors and collect items to place on your holiday altar.
- Sacrifice your bad or unwanted habits by throwing their symbols inside the Sabbat fire.
- Arrange a tournament and compete with friends in sports or poetry (Tailltean games were conducted to honor the God Lugh.
- Bake Lammas bread. Have a look here for a recipe.
- Perform magic to help you finish long lasting projects towards the autumn.
- Bless your garden, where the living power of Lugh turned into ripe vegetables, fruits and grains.
- Bless your garden tools so that next year they will help you grow bountiful harvest.
- Decorate your home with sickles, scythes, fresh fruits and vegetables, berries and bread.
- Take walks to fields and gardens or spend your time near a source of water.
About Priestess Licentia
Licentia has been introduced to Wicca at a young age, when she was adopted by a loving Wiccan family. Since then, she has amassed extensive knowledge and experience, and is happy to share it with the community.