Mabon Tarot Spread. How to perform, instructions, ritual, general directions and interpretations.
Mabon is a time of year that is associated with the Autumn Equinox, which occurs around September 22nd in the Northern Hemisphere. It is a time of balance, when the daylight hours are equal to the nighttime hours. It is also a time of harvesting, as the crops that have been growing all summer are now ready to be harvested. Many people celebrate Mabon with rituals, spells, and divination, and one way to do this is with a Mabon Tarot spread.
A Tarot spread is a way of using Tarot cards to gain insight, clarity, and guidance. There are many different spreads that can be used for different purposes, and the Mabon Tarot spread is specifically designed to help you reflect on the past, present, and future as they relate to the themes of balance and harvesting.
To perform the Mabon Tarot spread, you will need a Tarot deck and a quiet, comfortable space where you can focus. You may also want to have a journal or a pen and paper handy to record your thoughts and insights.
- Begin by taking a few deep breaths and grounding yourself. You can do this by focusing on your breath, imagining roots growing from the soles of your feet and anchoring you to the earth, or by placing your hands on the ground or on a piece of natural stone. This will help you clear your mind and focus on the present moment.
- Shuffle your Tarot deck while thinking about your intention for the spread. You might say something like, “I am seeking guidance and clarity on the themes of balance and harvesting as they relate to my life.” As you shuffle, try to relax and let go of any expectations or preconceived notions you might have about the spread.
- When you feel ready, cut the deck into three piles and choose one pile to draw your first card from. This card will represent the past. Take a moment to look at the card and see what symbols and images stand out to you. Consider what this card might be trying to tell you about your past and how it relates to the themes of balance and harvesting.
- Next, draw a card from the middle pile to represent the present. Look at this card in the same way, paying attention to the symbols and images and considering what it might be trying to tell you about your current situation.
- Finally, draw a card from the last pile to represent the future. Again, take a moment to look at the card and see what symbols and images stand out to you. Consider what this card might be trying to tell you about what is coming up for you in the future and how it relates to the themes of balance and harvesting.
- Take some time to reflect on the three cards you have drawn and what they might be trying to tell you. You might want to journal about your thoughts and insights, or you might prefer to simply sit with the cards and see what comes to mind.
- When you feel ready, take a moment to thank the cards and the universe for their guidance. You can do this by simply saying a word of thanks, or by closing your eyes and sending a feeling of gratitude out into the world.
Some additional tips for interpreting the Mabon Tarot spread:
- Don’t be afraid to look up the meanings of the cards if you are not familiar with them. Many Tarot decks come with a guidebook that provides explanations of the symbolism and meanings of each card.
Remember that Tarot is a tool for self-exploration and guidance, not a way to predict the future. The cards can provide insight and offer different perspectives, but ultimately, you are the one in control of your life and your decisions.
- Trust your intuition when interpreting the cards. Often, the first impression or meaning that comes to mind is the right one.
- If a card seems confusing or unclear, try looking at it from different angles or asking yourself what message the universe might be trying to convey through that card.
- Be open to the possibility that the spread may bring up some difficult or challenging messages. Remember that growth and change can be uncomfortable, but they are often necessary for progress and development.
- Finally, don’t be afraid to try the Mabon Tarot spread more than once. As you grow and change, the messages and insights you receive from the cards may also change.
In conclusion, the Mabon Tarot spread is a great way to reflect on the past, present, and future as they relate to the themes of balance and harvesting. It can provide insight, clarity, and guidance as you navigate these important transitions in your life. Whether you are an experienced Tarot reader or new to the practice, the Mabon Tarot spread is a powerful tool that can help you connect with your inner wisdom and move forward with confidence and purpose.
It’s important to remember that the Mabon Tarot spread is just one of many different spreads that can be used for divination and self-exploration. If you find that this spread resonates with you and you’d like to try it again in the future, you may also want to experiment with other spreads that focus on different themes or areas of life.
For example, you might try the “Three Card” spread, which involves drawing three cards and interpreting them as past, present, and future. Or you might try the “Celtic Cross” spread, which is a more in-depth spread that can provide insight into a variety of areas, such as career, relationships, and personal growth.
It’s also worth noting that Tarot is just one of many different divination tools that can be used for self-exploration and guidance. If Tarot doesn’t resonate with you, you might consider trying other practices such as crystal divination, astrology, or oracle cards. The most important thing is to find a practice that speaks to you and feels meaningful and helpful.
Finally, it’s important to approach divination with an open mind and a sense of curiosity. The messages and insights you receive through these practices can be powerful and transformative, but it’s important to remember that they are just one part of your journey. Trust yourself and your own inner wisdom, and remember that you are the ultimate authority on your own life and path. So, these are the things you need to keep in mind while doing Mabon tarot spread.
You must log in to post a comment.